Saturday, July 11, 2009

eBay are Nazis!

Yes, I am going to invoke the Nazi argument here.

So I gambled with eBay again, against my better judgment, and thought I would blog about how fucking shit they are, with their partners in crime PayPal.

As I've previously mentioned, I purchased a new watch, and liked it so much I saw no need to hold on to my old Tag Heuer.

Despite my belief that eBay is operated by child killing Nazi KKK wizards, together with my previous bad experiences with them, I figured if I wanted to get the best possible price for my watch it would probably be worth the gamble.

So I put it up for $777; a ridiculously low price for a watch that retails new for $2,600, and I didn't even put a reserve on it. Thankfully, a last minute bid frenzy pushed the price to just over a grand, which isn't bad for a used Internet purchased example in average condition.

eBay forced me to list it for five days, despite the fact that people rarely bid on an item to the last 48 hours. The sale happened on July 1st. I had requested in my listing that payment be made within 48 hours of the sale, but of course it was four days before my buyer bothered to send the money. I shipped the watch overnight on 7/6/09, the first shipping day available after I got paid.

My buyer wasn't in when his watch arrived on 7/7. It took him a while to go and pick up his package, which begs the question why he paid extra for overnight service.

Delivery happened at 1:07pm PST on 7/9/09.

So why I am pissed?

Because today is 7/11/09 and I still don't have my money.

Apparently, thanks to a policy I was not aware of PayPal (also owned by eBay), place 'large' sums of money on 'hold' until they decide to release it.

So my slow buyer who never seems to be home has to bother to go and give me positive feedback on eBay, or several days have to drag by after the package was delivered before PayPal release my funds to me.

I just happen to think that is bullshit.

I first listed my watch for sale on June 25th. Here we are, July 11th, and all I have to show for my efforts is a missing watch, a bill for shipping ($85), and no money.

It's hard for me to see why eBay is so popular. I've sold a few items with it, and there always seems to be some kind of catch that fucks everything up. Stupid buyers, eBay being jerks, PayPal sticking their nose in etc.

Just once it would be nice to sell an item, get paid in a timely fashion, and not get screwed over by eBay or their evil son PayPal.

By the way, the picture is a new eBay slot machine they have in Vegas now. At this rate, I think I might have better luck playing that. The question is, if they pay out, will your winnings be put on 'hold?'

2 comments:

Cid Riviera said...

Did you get your money?

I was just reading your earlier blog having typed 'eBay is shit' in Google (as you do) and was very pleased to find your rants - they made for a good and honest read.

4 bastarding weeks I have now been waiting for some punk who not only sent me the wrong Nintendo DS game to start with, not only was a blatant supplier of counterfeit games, not only a supplier of counterfeit games that didn't work but who ends up going off eBay as 'no longer a registered user' between the point of sale and me wanting my bleedin' money back!

Aah, deep breath.

eBay's customer service has been ridiculously unhelpful. You may have noticed lately that in order to chat with a representative online you have to first select the relevant query. Many of these so called 'relevant' queries do not then display a chat box but instead offer you the option to email and/or call. You find yourself making up a problem in the search box just to get an option to chat.

Half a dozen emails to the seller, one open case, 3 attempts to resolve the problem with customer service and I have invested a hell of a lot more time and effort than the £9.95 (and postage) I feel destined to have lost is worth.

Not a single representative has given me a simple straight forward solution via online interactions with them. Two of three insisting that I call the customer service helpline to escalate my case. Whilst I have no issues with the Philippines as a nation or anything, I do take great dissatisfaction in having to use my mobile phone to sit on hold for 25 minutes to get some dodgy immitation-American (I think you may have used this reference before on the other blog!) who doesn't know what he/she is doing.

The third representative gave me an email address to write to to explain my case. Having spent a good 30 minutes compiling a clear and concise email that I think even a monkey could eventually decipher and clicking 'send' - 30 more minutes later I get a generic standard form email back indicating that this address was no longer in use for customer queries and that I must refer back to the help section on the website.

I'm pulling my hair out again just writing this, so I'll reel the spiel in now. I certainly hope you got the outcome you wanted with the watch and also hope you've stuck to your initial guns never to use eBay in future.

Regards,

Louis - Lancashire.

Cid Riviera said...

Oh, and look - I absolutely shit you not but having just wrote that last comment I receive and email from PayPal!

"Hello #user#,

Good news. We issued you with a refund of £9.95 on 01 Mar, 2011 credited to the PayPal account you used to purchase this item. The refund includes the purchase price plus original postage & packaging. Please log into PayPal to get your refund."

Also just realised this article is over 18 months old and more than likely no one will ever respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...