Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Smile

I've seen some bullshit on the Internet over the years. From the bogus lottery wins to the members of the Nigerian Royal Family who need my help (and bank account) to get their fortune out of the country.

But I got an email today that really does take the cake. It was from Kodak. You may remember them as a company that used to make film, back in the old days when cameras were not digital.

Apparently some time ago when I was looking for a Flickr like company to put some pictures I had experimented with Kodak Gallery. I may have uploaded a picture or two and concluded the service was shit.

In the email I got today, they told me that I had 30 days to buy something or they were going to delete all my photographs! WTF?

That is the most unreal kind of marketing I've ever seen. There wasn't even a get out clause, like I could do something free to maintain my account. No if I want to have an account I need to give them money or have all my photographs deleted.

Now admittedly I don't use the service, and I don't give a shit if they delete my few images, but it just struck me as an incredible crass method of cleaning shop. But I guess when your stock price is half what it was three years ago, and you are becoming less relevant to the modern world desperation kicks in.

In an effort to catch up with my blog entries, I thought I'd rant here. It's as good a place as any.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...