Wednesday, December 21, 2011

CashForSmartPhones.com Review

I recently admitted that I am now Apple's Bitch.  There's no denying it.  I have decided to simply buy every new phone Apple make after my horrible AT&T / Android experience.  But this leads to a problem, because of the business model of cell phones these days, specifically smart phones, early upgrades tend to cost a lot more money than the price they advertise on TV.  And we all know why, and it's no big deal.  So what to do with the old phone?

I found a web site called CashForSmartPhones.com (part of the Cash4Laptops.com company) and they seemed to have a very reasonable sales pitch, credible reviews, and decent ratings.  You type in the smart phone you have and they give you a quote for what they are willing to buy it for.

So I entered the Samsung Infuse 4G, and my old Apple iPhone 3GS.  They quoted me $240 for the Samsung and $80 for the iPhone.  Not bad.  So I decided to take them up on the offer and filled out my information.  Within a few days a box and shipping label arrived at my home.  All I had to do is reset my phones back to their factory settings (although this company claim to erase the data themselves upon receipt), and send them in, shipped free via UPS.

A few days later I got an email saying the devices had been inspected, I called and they offered me $220 for both units.  I accepted, they PayPal'd the money right away.  Easy money.

Now you may notice that the price they offered was lower than what they paid, and I'm fine with that.  The iPhone was old and crap, that's why I replaced it.  The case was cracked at the back, the battery was in poor shape, and I had neglected to supply the charger or cord with it.  And despite the newness of the Infuse, the case was already getting worn thanks to the cheap ass crappy materials Samsung used in the construction.

I probably could have pushed for a bit more money, or tried to sell them on eBay, but then you have to deal with random buyers, the usual eBay bullshit, fees, etc.  This was straight up an easy transaction by a company that did what they promised and gave me money for something that frankly would have been left sitting in a drawer if I hadn't found this web site.

It's always exciting to see a company doing business the right way, and really I had no complaints about this whole transaction.  The $220 they paid me easily offset the penalty for early upgrade, and when the iPhone 5 comes out, I suspect I'll be doing the same again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...