Saturday, June 04, 2011

Political Bumper Stickers


When I was growing up in England, bumper stickers were fairly popular.  "My other car's a Porsche!" and other such 'humor.'  But somewhere in the 80s people began to realize that there were something tacky and unpleasant about attaching a piece of plastic to your car, and so the tradition quickly died out.

In America though the bumper sticker lives on, and political bumper stickers are still quite popular.  However, the one thing I cannot fathom is what would possess someone, in 2011 to still be driving around with a McCain / Palin sticker on their vehicle other than rank stupidity.  I mean it wasn't like that decrepit old man and the bimbo was ever a viable option for President in the first place, but to actually still believe in 2011, that our country would be better off if the old man were in charge is utter craziness.

This is what leaves me so incredulous when I see these stickers still on cars, it's the fact that not only was a person so misguided they would have supported that ticket in the first place, but now after all these years they still think that those couple of tards should have won!

I guess the only good thing about the McCain / Palin sticker on a vehicle is it saves me the bother of trying to spot the morons.  After all, if you have a McCain / Palin sticker on your car, you are a moron, plain and simple.  You might just as well get a bumper sticker that says, "I lack any kind of good judgement, and I'm a fucking idiot."  But I guess McCain / Palin sums it up more succinctly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...