Thursday, April 30, 2009

End Of An Era

One of the first blog posts I ever wrote was about Crowder's Vac & Gun shop.

As an Englishman, I found it quite amusing that a company could stay in business, selling guns and vacuum cleaners. I was also intrigued by the notion that someone would sell those two fairly different products in the same store.

I took a trip to Jonesborough, Tennessee today for a business meeting. It is not a place I visit often, but along the way is Crowder's. Sadly, it would seem that in these difficult economic times there is not much call for a gun and vac shop, despite the right wing push to buy as many guns as possible since Obama got elected.

So farewell. I'm sad to see you go. You were a little piece of Americana that will probably never be replaced. Thanks for the blogging memories.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...