Friday, October 24, 2008

Barack Obama = Adolf Hitler

It never ceases to amaze me just how far the right is prepared to go with their sleazy and dishonorable campaign. In yet another example of the right's inherent racism and idiocy, there was a story in the news about a McCain campaign office having a sign that compared Senator Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler (and a few other mass murdering dictators).

It is sad that John McCain, a supposedly honorable war hero, would continue to allow his followers to attack his opponent, not for his ideals, but for his ethnic origins and his 'foreign sounding' name.

As the negativity continued to emanate from the right, I was reminded of a Dixie Chicks song (I'm not often reminded of them, because I really don't like their music). But I think their poignant song Not Ready To Make Nice, speaks rather eloquently about the politics of hate. Written after their experience of receiving death threats when they said that George Bush was a horrible president.
It's a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they'd write me a letter
Sayin' that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...