Saturday, March 21, 2009

Weird Pets

I'm down with the whole exotic pet thing. I do own a small snake as a pet (California King Snake), which many people find repulsive and weird.

During a fortnightly trip to the pet store to find some feeder mice, I noticed an Emperor Scorpion for sale at $16.49.

And even as an exotic pet owner, I just don't get it. I came home and did a little surfing while my snake was eating his lunch, and even the sites aimed at scorpion fans don't make for great reading.

They talk about how beautiful the scorpion is, the pride of pet ownership. But all of them talk about how these animals should be handled as little as possible, don't care if you live or die, and will try to sting you or grab you with their pincers at every available opportunity.

They just sound like an obnoxious, painful little pet, that is just going to hurt you given the chance. Maybe I'm missing something, but I think it would be cheaper and easier to purchase a mouse trap and play with it from time to time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...