Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sarah Palin Please Get Off My TV

After running a deplorable campaign filled with lies, racism, hate, and dishonest divisive politics, Sarah Palin has decided that she needs to leave the door open for more of the same in 2012. To that end she has signed up for a string of national interviews to cover up the scary facts that emerged during her 15 minutes of fame.

Apparently she hopes that God will 'show her the way' over the coming years. In fact the failed Vice Presidential candidate said, "I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is."

Like oh my god.

She tells us she isn't stupid and all the staffers that claimed she said and did stupid things were just 'jerks' and 'cowards' (maybe they are not 'real' Americans?)

She didn't go rogue and didn't know that her party kept buying her clothes. Blah blah blah.

I think is a testimony to how disillusion Sarah Palin is that she believes she is the right choice to represent her party or this country. Her stated opinions are completely out of step with the mainstream in America. Let us not forget that 80% of American live in the big urban areas that she claimed was not 'real America.'

While I would hate to give tips to the Republicans on how to win, the way forward is to move towards a more moderate less racist middle ground, and back to real conservative values as opposed to the monstrosity that was the Bush administration. They have to appeal to the rapidly expanding non-white voter. It isn't enough any more to pander to right wing extremists and white evangelicals.

Like it or not non-white America is growing very fast indeed (several percentage points of the electorate since 2000). And Republicans have done almost nothing to appeal to these people.

But other than her looks, I just don't see what it is that some Americans see in this woman. I've had conversations with staunch conservatives and Republicans, and I've not found any real support for her. Even stupid people can see that she is stupid.

In any case I think Sarah needs to go back to Alaska and get out of the media. I'm sure there are some animals up there that are just askin' for a killin'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...