Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bad Beat Story

I'm going to whine a little about my recent local pub poker tournament knockout. Please send me money and weep a tear for me.

1) The cracked aces

Starting stacks were $8,000. On the third hand, I bet four times the big blind with my pocket aces. I get two callers, one with queens, the other with pocket fives.

I was 64.83% to win pre-flop until pocket five girl flops a set and turns a boat. I fold my aces on the turn, knowing I was beaten.

2) The donkey call

Over the next half hour I completely failed to connect with the flop, and my stack had slipped to around $2,500, having picked up only two small pots, and losing several small pots.

I look down to discover AQo. With just one limper, I push my remaining stack in. Everyone folds to the early position limper, who thinks for a while and with just $400 invested, decides to call anyway, for another $2,100. He has Q7 of hearts, for a 28.36% shot at the pot.

The flop brings a queen, and a heart. I now have a lead of 81.52%. The turn and river are both hearts, giving the calling station a flush.

So that's how I got knocked out of my last tournament in two easy steps.

In the previous pub poker tournament, I flop a Broadway straight, and my opponent turns a boat, costing me half my stack. On the first hand. I limp crippled around the tournament for about four hours and then get knocked out.

Let's hope the next tournament is less of an annoying turd fest for me. I guess at least this one didn't take too long to be over.

I feel so much better now. Normal service of disrespecting Sarah Palin and Old Man McCain will continue on this blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...