Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hot Terminator (Possible Spoilers)

I really enjoy Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's a great show. Although some critics have been disappointed with the story line. But there is no denying that Summer Glau is the cutest Terminator so far!

What I've been disappointed with so far in season two is they have to keep messing with the cute Terminator (Cameron), and I hope this won't be an ongoing theme. At the end of last season they had her blown up with a car bomb. Then she goes crazy and reverts back to her default program to kill John Conner. This week sees her spacing out and assuming the identity of a human she terminated, the human who formed the basis for her design as a Terminator.

I like her when she is helping the Conner family, and kicking ass. That's always amusing. I just hope the writers are not going to over labor the obvious point that she is a trained killer and death machine, and could at any moment flip out and kill all the other main characters. I know writers love to play games like that, but I don't like it.

It rather reminds me of the original Doctor Who series when the Doctor had two different things that helped him out. One was a robot dog called K9, and the other was a sonic screwdriver. I guess you could count the TARDIS as a third thing that helped the Doctor.

Well during Tom Baker's time as the forth Doctor, there was always trouble with K9. He'd leave him to guard the TARDIS, or he's be malfunctioning in some way. The problem was that K9 had some kind of laser weapon in his nose and so could fix a bunch of tricky situations by stunning people. But I guess the writers thought that made everything too easy for the Doctor, and so had to figure out ways of getting him out of episodes.

The same was true of the sonic screwdriver, to the point where Tom Baker's replacement; the fifth Doctor Peter Davidson, had the sonic screwdriver destroyed by his arch enemy The Master.

And don't even get me started on how many times the TARDIS has been stolen, incapacitated, lost or otherwise made inaccessible for the duration of a story line!

It all brings me back to the cute Terminator. I'd rather the writers use her for good, helpful things. Rather than finding reasons to make her malfuction in one way or the other. And is it too much to ask that she be naked more often? It's the least she could do after her friends caused Judgement Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...