Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Kingdom For A Crunchie

I am proud of being a Brit, and I enjoy living here in America. However, one of the things I miss from home is Cadbury's. For some reason a number of years ago (this is my way of not bothering to research the facts) Cadbury's in a classic act of British laziness sold the rights to their name to Hersheys instead of bothering to market their outstanding products here in the USA. This includes the Crunchie, my favorite chocolate bar.

This stupid move meant that Americans are forever deprived from eating wonderful British chocolate and are forever condemned to a world of bad chocolate, mixed with various nut or nut derived combinations. American chocolate is nowhere near as nice as British chocolate (I've had Americans verify this) and it's all the fault of a lazy British company selling their rights to America. In much the same way as they did with Bentley, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Land Rover, Jaguar, and more.

As an insulting reminder to this British incompetence I found a Violet Crumble in a supermarket today. A Violet Crumble is Australia's answer to the Crunchie (okay so they invented it and Crunchie came later but tastes better). So thanks to the incompetence of British business I now have to pay to import my favorite British chocolate bars, or buy some Australian crap from my local supermarket.

UPDATE: Santa brought me some Crunchies imported directly from England, YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...